Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

a baby and a brush cut

Today I basked in babyland....my friend Megan had baby Jamie 3 weeks ago, and oh is he perfect!  Megan and her hubby Brien seem to be on top of everything, but I was happy to be able to share one important nugget of advice re. how to diaper a baby boy and not end up with pee UP the outfit :)  Congrats to the great new parents!

Earlier this week, I got my first haircut for almost 2 years!  I had been contemplating getting one for a while now because the "wings" over my ears had been bothering me.  And my hair was all one length and I wanted some more shape.  Then, I saw an ad on my mothers group forum for a salon looking for hair models.  I felt like I didn't have a lot to lose (certainly not a lot of hair!), so I went for it!  I went to Tease Salon in Laurel Heights and had a great girl named Lena with her instructor Rick and a FREE cut!  It's so fulfilling to save money :)

So here's baby Jamie and the new 'do....


I also had a cervical and thoracic MRI this morning because I've been having excruciating back pain for the last several weeks.  It seems like one when problem seems to resolve itself, something else pops up! Anyway, my NP Stephany called this afternoon to say that the initial report didn't show anything that looked like Hodgkins (no masses, that is), which is good.  There may be a bulging disc but more info is needed from Radiology first.  So for now I'll just keep up with the pain meds and wait for more info....

No comments:

Post a Comment