Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

So long, farewell......

....those stupid nodes can go to hell!

My surgery has come and gone, the nodes were removed from my lung tissue, and I kind of sort of see a very dim light at the end of this crooked tunnel.  This surgery was pretty major and went very well.  Recovery has been painful, but each day gets better.  I was in the hospital a little longer than anticipated due to low oxygen saturation levels, which was fine with me because I got one more day of toddler-free rest.  The nodes preliminarily indicate Hodgkins disease, which is fine (not good, not bad), because they are gone now.  That means that I am totally, 100% disease-free at the moment.  I'll have another scan in 6-8 weeks and until then I think I might try to craft a Halloween costume for Nic :)

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin, Jonathan and Nicholas,
    ....Auf wiedersehen, good-bye..., for sure. Three cheers for the successful surgery and thanks to you and Jonathan for being such a powerful inspiration to all of us who love you.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo glad about the disease free part!! What will N be this Halloween???

    ReplyDelete