Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

a graduation card

I made this card for Cristina's (Nicholas' nanny's) daughter, who is graduating from high school this weekend.  I actually created something similar for Leah's grad (featuring pink, since our present theme was "Legally Blonde"), but figured out a couple cool things this time around...    

I colored in the cap with a Souffle pen first, and then filled it in with Martha Stewart's Glitter Flocking Powder in a very similar color.  It created a nice 3D effect!  I  learned that those flocking powders have the most impact when using on a similarly colored surface.  Then a little dot of glitter glue and voila!

I am so not a fan of my handwriting, so I traced the words on the inside of the card directly from the computer screen.  I actually first used a Martha Stewart glitter pen, but then I decided to emboss a few stars on each side of the wording.  In the process, I ended up inadvertently embossing over the glitter pen but really liked how it came out.

Nicholas was also feeling crafty today with his new markers....

No comments:

Post a Comment