Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

The DL

Today was my fourth day of radiation.  I feel like each one has been harder than the last, in that each day the time on the table seems longer and the back of my head hurts sooner.  Tomorrow is the last scheduled day and hopefully I'll be experiencing the (good) side effects soon.

After today's radiation, I had an appointment with my oncologist.  Per usual, there was lots of waiting, which inspired this Clint Eastwood style vignette :)

During the appointment, we discussed how my lymphoma symptoms are making a reappearance (shortness of breath, coughing, night sweats).  The hope is that these symptoms, along with much of the disease activity, will be diminished as a result of radiation.  In the meantime, the doctor prescribed some Prednisone, which will hopefully help with my current symptoms.  I'll take the first dose in the morning so that I'm not awake all night!  I'll have another scan sometime next week to check out how radiation worked.

If the scan results are "good" (reduced disease), then I'd probably go straight to transplant on October 2nd.  If there isn't enough reduction, I'd probably have a modified MOPP (chemo) regimen.  We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

This past weekend, Jonathan's brothers were here for a visit.  We watched football, shot some hoops, and rode on a carousel.  
Nicholas' sideline seat

Gracias Tio y Tia!


It is really, really hard to get a good picture on a horse that goes up and down and
a carousel that goes round and round!
To conclude, I've titled this post what it is because I am now officially considered disabled by the Social Security Administration.  Not for long, suckas!  

1 comment: