Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Time Wasting & Tattoos


Since Nicholas' team isn't playing until Monday, we went to the beach today.  Whilst sitting there, I realized that it's been a year - possibly to the day! - since we last enjoyed Ocean Beach.  Jonathan and I went for a walk there at the very end of my pregnancy, thinking that perhaps this might encourage our little person to come join us in the world.

So, we were very excited to actually bring our little person!  We were even more thrilled that Nicholas loved everything about the beach....the sand under his toes (and up his shorts, in his eyes, and on his turkey sandwich!), the seagulls that zeroed in on our blanket looking for lunch crumbs, and the dogs playing in the cold Pacific waters.  It was a really windy day, which made our attempt to picnic quite challenging.  Nonetheless, we all had a fantastic time!



















After insurance gave the pre-auth last week for radiation, I went in for a prep CT Scan.  I left with three new tattoos.  3 little dots - one on my chest, and two a couple inches under my each of my armpits.  A snapshot of my chest is over there -->.  The dot is actually in the middle of the purple X.  There has been a saran-type of adhesive cover on each of the three spots since Thursday.  It's actually really itchy and I'm not sure of the exact purpose.  I think it may be to keep the purple marker from washing off before my first radiation appointment??  In any event, Nicholas has now become even more interested in my chest, which had become a source of intrigue for him even before I got inked up!  

I was relieved that the tattoo machine didn't sound like a dental drill like I've seen on tv!  In fact, it wasn't electrically powered at all, or really even a machine.  The tech applied some ink to my skin and then stuck a needle in by hand!  I think it was a big needle, because it hurt, but it was only a couple seconds.  So that's over and I'll have my first radiation appointment on Wednesday.  The acute side effect is fatigue, followed by a sore throat perhaps and some difficulty swallowing.  We'll see...  

No comments:

Post a Comment