Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

These are the Days


Thanks to Catherine for this hand-made super cool 1 year old shirt!
Nicholas has no idea it's his birthday today.  He's received new toys, cards, so many hugs and kisses, and a "couple" of cupcakes....but is clueless!  For me, on the other hand....it feels like it's my birthday today.  And I think Jonathan feels the same.  I wonder if September 21st will always feel like this, or is numero uno especially magical?  In any event, we are celebrating here in the Mullinix house.  Mommy got a mani/pedi, Daddy got a new phone, and Nicholas will have the Susie Cakes seasonal special cupcake (Salted Caramel Apple ) for snack!  

We are celebrating, to be sure.  I love that little baby in the top picture so, so much.  And I l-o-v-e the little boy that he's become down below.  Little babies are so soft and sweet, but little Nicholas is now so FUN (and smart, have I mentioned that he's a genius?)!  We are blessed and lucky to have made it through one year together and to have this great family.  This was how it was meant to be and while the road may sometimes be bumpy, we are happy.  Our dreams came true with Nicholas.

Nicholas likes to carry stuff right now.  Like big things that he can barely manage, but he corrals the item(s) into his little hands and marches with purpose.  It reminded me of a song, which I think is an appropriate closer for his big birthday blog post:

"My wish for youIs that this life becomes all that you want it toYour dreams stay big, your worries stay smallYou never need to carry more than you can hold"
- Rascal Flatts, My Wish

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Glad everyone is benefiting from the birthday! I love every Nicholas update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little boy he has become! Happy Birthday Nicholas. May your mommy and daddy always find the magic in the wonderful day that they welcomed you into their world! Lots of Love to you all!

    p.s. He looks very handsome in his shirt. Red looks good on him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this post! He is such a special little boy and truly is a dream come true! Happy birthday, Nicholas...sending lots of birthday love from the east coast!! Btw I helped Catherine make the shirt...you're welcome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo in the new shirt -- in one short year, he has become a little boy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete