Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Current Obsessions

Mommy:
I can't get enough of Republic of Tea's Ginger Peach Iced Tea.  I purchased it one day at Nordstrom's Espresso Bar for $2+ and thought that was kind of ridiculous, so now I purchase the tea bags at Whole Foods or it comes in bulk at Rainbow Grocery.  We also have this iced tea pitcher from Teavana so I can brew the loose stuff easily and pop it right in the fridge!





 
I am also completely addicted to this Easy Almond Granola from Kitchen Simplicity.  The secret, I think, is the almond extract.  I actually put in more than it calls for.  There is no sugar -- just maple syrup and some canola oil.  It's so much better than the really processed/fatty stuff in boxes, and so much cheaper than the really natural stuff in the store!  






Daddy:
Jonathan discovered a recipe for Stovetop Mac and Cheese from America's Test Kitchen that he says is one of the top ten things he has ever made.  And he's made a lot.  It strongly resembles the powdery Kraft boxed version, except you can put in all the organic/natural products you desire!  He was up making this at 10:30 last night for Nicholas, who will feast on it this evening along with some organic rosemary chicken breast!


Nicholas: 
Nicholas is LOVING Jammy Sammys from Plum Kids.  They come in blueberry, apple, strawberry or grape and peanut butter and are the perfect size for little hands.  I ask him which color he wants and he says blue.  I don't know if that's because blueberry is his fave or because he only knows how to say blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment