Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hospital Again

Last night around 5pm, my skin started burning, as if I had sunburn all over my body. It was also really red, like a lobster. I realizes fairly quickly that I was probably having a reaction to the CT contrast (dye) that had been injected earlier that day. So after putting Nicholas to bed, we headed over to the ER (luckily, Joe and Diane were in town and stayed with Nicholas!). The ER was extremely quiet and I got attended to right away. To my dismay, I was admitted to be observed overnight. I had spiked a fever and this in particular made the doctor concerned. They gave me some antibiotics and other meds that I don't remember. This morning my skin looked better (not perfect, but improved). After some ho-humming about being discharged, we are now waiting for my for the official papers which will give me my freedom today!

I'd love to show you my very red skin but the one pic I have is extremely unflattering. So instead I'll share this one below of the strike taking place right now at UCSF (which is why the ER was dead last night. Nurses aren't on strike but practically all other hourly employees are. They are sending patients to Stanford and Davis for chemo because there is no pharmacy staff to mix the drugs. Transplants are postponed. Nurses are staffing the food lines in the cafeteria. It's a real pity for those with life-threatening issues and if anyone cares to send a letter to the judge who allowed this to happen, his name is David Brown and he's in Sacramento.  Oh and it's not only at UCSF but also at 5 other UC medical centers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment