Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Coming From Behind

So...long time since last post.  It's been a rough time and I feel like I'm finally starting to rally.  Some of the things that have happened over the last week?

  • I started having hallucinations from the meds I was being given (voriconazole, in particular - I am now wearing an "allergy" bracelet for it).  Hallucinating was the worst.  I thought there were people under my bed, that Nicholas was in the next room but I couldn't see him, and there was a big accident with a truck and a silver VW Beetle outside.  The worst part though was when people would tell me I was wrong.....I got kind of angry at them :)  Anyway, docs have adjusted meds and I'm of much clearer mind now!
  • Lots of vomiting and other stomach issues
  • They put me on oxygen because my breathing became labored.  It's been about a week now and I'm adjusting downward.
  • I had a major nosebleed on Sunday morning which took two hours, three nurses, two docs and a respiratory therapist to stop.  It was probably due to my low platelet count, high blood pressure, meds.....who knows.  
  • I had a skin biopsy for this rash I had over my stomach, back, and arms.  Turns out it was probably just med related, but now I have a couple stitches in my stomach to be removed.  
So now my counts are back at normal levels and doctors mentioned the possibility of my going home towards the end of the week.  I'm not counting hours or anything, but I'm extremely excited at the prospect of going home.  This morning was the first time I even felt like looking at a computer....I've been spending the days napping, staring at a wall, or chatting with my mom (who comes everyday from about 12pm-8pm).  I might even read a magazine.  And I hope to Skype with Nicholas again, it's been too long.  Some developments in Nicholas' world:  he can point to his nose, ears, feet, etc!!  He's the best!  

Finally, I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who did the LLS Light the Night walk and/or contributed to it.  From what I heard, it was a great experience, and from my bed here at UCSF, all the support was very touching.




1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration! And a gifted writer! Glad to hear you feel you are rallying! We are with you in spirit every single day!
    Love, Susan and Don

    ReplyDelete