Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day +4

It's been a long four days since transplant.  I have constant feelings of discomfort and malaise.....all of which docs say are totally to be expected at this point.  Because of the high-dose chemo I received last week, my counts have dwindled to nothing.  I spend the majority of my days sleeping or lying in bed and staring at a wall.  I've got nausea, headaches, and over the last several nights I've also spiked a low-grade fever, which means middle-of-the-night blood cultures and xrays.  I also had a an ultrasound of my legs the other day to check for any clots (I'm not entirely sure why, as I don't think I had been exhibiting any symptoms).  So, to counteract all of my issues, I'm taking a ton of pills, some of which make me drowsy.  Which partly explains my disappearance of late!

Leah and Freddy departed this weekend and are safely home in the Peach State.  Jonathan, Nicholas and Kathy also came for a visit this weekend -- the definite highlight!



3 comments:

  1. Yayy I'd been waiting for this update. Hope you're feeling better today. So glad Nicholas could come in! Where did he get that Giants jersey?

    Also I really liked the music news story. Nathan, Gevvie and I all had that song (Heyyy mama rock me) stuck in our heads all weekend...it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - we've been thinking of you often and waiting for this update. So excited you got to see Nicolas!! Hope each day finds you feeling stronger and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous!!! So glad to see a smile on your face and that your little mascot could come and give you kisses!

    ReplyDelete